This is very sound advice.
Okay so I reached 2,600 followers yesterday and I’m in a good mood so I’ve decided to do a giveaway for all my lovely followers!
The giveaway consists of the following:
- Sherlock: Sign of Four - book
- Sherlock: A Study in Scarlet - book
- Sherlock The Hound of The Baskervilles - book
- The Adventures of Sherlock Homes - book
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes - book
- Merlin Series 3 - DVD
- Thor - DVD
- War Horse - DVD
- Iron Man - DVD
- Iron Man 2 - DVD
- Captain America - DVD (not shown in picture as it has not arrived yet)
- JVC GC-FM1 Camcorder - worth £70! (giving it away because I have 2)
- And last but not least - a dancing monkey speaker. What more could you want!? It’s a monkey that dances to your music! holy cow.
Oh and I’m also throwing in a giant Loki poster -
- Must be following me - (x)
- You can reblog as many times you want.
- Likes do count.
- Have your ask box open so I can contact you if you win.
- I will post anywhere in the world.
- I will pick at random.
It will end 8pm 1st July GMT.
Good luck! :)
If the winner is outside region 2, the DVDs may not work so I will replace them with a different gift so you don’t loose out.
The Baker Street Babes Birthday Giveaway: Holmes Version
The Baker Street Babes put our out first podcast one year ago today. Least to say we’ve come a very long way and it wouldn’t have been possible without all of you. So, the past few months we’ve been gathering prizes and goodies for a MASSIVE giveaway… and here it is!
In this version of the give away you win EVERYTHING below. Yes. EVERYTHING!
- Sherlock Series 1 DVD, signed by Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman (donated by Hartswood Films)
- Sherlock Art Nouveau print (donated by Daunt)
- Sherlock & John bookmarks (donated by Daunt)
- Sherlock t-shirt of your choice (donated by Qwertee)
- Baker Street Journal Spring Issue featuring an interview with Baker Street Babe Curly/Kristina. (donated by The Baker Street Journal)
- The full Sherlock Holmes Society of London dramatised canon CD set, signed by the actors. (donated by The Sherlock Holmes Society of London)
- Brainy is the New Sexy pendant in polished brass. (donated by Belaurient Arts)
- I Believe In Sherlock Holmes pendant in sterling silver. (donated by Belaurient Arts)
- I Believe In Sherlock Holmes keychain in nickel silver. Please be aware this is made of nickel and if you’re allergic to it you now have a free gift to a non-allergen Sherlockian of your choice! (donated by Belaurient Arts)
- The Detective & The Woman, signed by author Amy Thomas (donated by Amy Thomas)
- The Illustrated Speckled Band. (donated by Gasogene Books, Wessex Press)
- My Love Affair With Sherlock magazine by Caitlin Moran.
- The Sherlock Holmes Handbook by Ransom Riggs
- Large print of Sherlock & John in a train carriage by reapersun. Pen there for scale. (donated by reapersun)
- Baker Street mini-sign
- CD of BigFinish’s Sherlock Holmes: The Adventure of the Perfidious Mariner starring Nick Briggs. (Donated by BigFinish)
So? How do you win?
- You may reblog each version ONCE per DAY. The giveaway will run until June 10th.
- Likes DO NOT COUNT.
- The winners will be chosen by a random number generator. They will have 24 hours to confirm with their address. The first number wins the Holmes Version, the second number wins the Watson Version.
- We will ship anywhere in the world.
- You cannot win both versions of the giveaway.
- You do not have to be following us, however, this is a present to our followers and listeners, so it’s appreciated. Plus we do really cool things like interview Sherlock cast and authors and chat about Sherlock Holmes all the time!
- If you are following us and win, you’ll get an extra special gift on top of all of this!
- Any questions, naturally just ask. We’d prefer if you’d send an ask not anonymously so we can reply privately and not clog up people’s dashes.
You can listen to our podcasts [HERE]!
Follow us on twitter at @BakerStBabes
Like us on facebook [HERE]!
And visit our website [HERE]!
These are so cute! You can buy them here.
Sorry. Not a pun. But I just found the cutest coffee mugs ever and had to share.
AHH LOOK AT ALL OF THEM
I want and need this!
I WANT THAT CLARINET ONE.
quick speedpaint ‘cause this has been in my head for ages. phone depicted above is Sherlock’s, not John’s.
And then, on good days (when he can stand to think about him and all the good memories they had), John calls Sherlock’s cell just to hear his voice before he leaves a voicemail. It’s a ridiculous sounding message, but so inherently Sherlock, spoken in that bored and exasperated tone John knew too well: “Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Detective. Don’t bother leaving a message if it isn’t pertinent to a case.”
And, sometimes, hearing his voice would be enough for John. Enough to make him smile and laugh, and hang up and go about with his day.
Sometimes, though, he’d have to leave a voicemail. Just a “Hey, Sherlock, I’m not going to be at the flat tonight, just wanted to let you know” or even “Mrs. Hudson said you shot her wall again. I’ll let you take care of it this time.”
And, just once, years after Sherlock’s death, he said,
“I love you.”
Once was enough.
OMG UGLIEST CRYING
John stops blogging. He can’t see the point of it; nothing ever happens to him anymore - he’s just staying alive. But the good days begin to outnumber the bad ones through sheer bloody-minded placidity, and John fills the inbox of Sherlock’s phone with inane little messages and expects nothing back. With: “How many times can I get into a row with the chip and pin machine before they ban me? -JW”, or “Triple murder in the papers today. You’d have loved it. -JW”, or simply “Bloody raining again. -JW” - hundreds of texts about everything and nothing at the same time. And John stops blogging. But he never stops talking about his day.
JFC AS IF THE WOUND ISN’T FRESH ALREADY!
why are you doing this to me
all my brainings are crying mushes now
no why did you type any of that
And then one day, while John is in Tesco ambling around with a half empty basket, the phone, Sherlock’s phone buzzes inside his pocket. He stops dead, eyes widening and pulls it out. Before looking he stills himself and reminds himself that it’s probably just a wrong number or a mistake of some kind, maybe even a message he sent himself that has been delayed for some reason, it happens.
He sighs and turns the phone over, running his fingers over it like it’s some kind of precious object. The screen is lit, telling him there’s a new message, he pushes the button to open it.
Suddenly stiff fingers drop the shopping basket, sending it contents scattering across the vinyl floor. The phone slips from his other hand, bouncing on the hard surface and the screen cracks as once heavy feet are suddenly light in their hurried flight from the store.
The phone lies broken but still on and readable, the message reads *I’m sorry John, come home and don’t forget the milk. -SH*
oh my god benedict’s photoshoots display so many different kinds of awkward
like ‘benedict why are you standing in a chair’ awkward
‘trying to ignore the snacking horse’ awkward
‘benedict do you really expect to solve that rubik’s cube with your shoulder’ awkward
‘what am i doing in this field’ awkward
‘benedict make up your mind are you in or out’ awkward
‘too long for the couch’ slash just generally awkward
‘if it’s cold enough for sheepskin perhaps you should consider a shirt’ awkward
and ‘it’s awkward how attractive you are’ awkward
omg best fucking post ever.
also i never knew he even had chest hair.
‘if it’s cold enough for sheepskin perhaps you should consider a shirt’ awkward
Let’s not forget ‘He’s not wearing any clothes but maybe the Financial Times is going to be the new trend of autumn’ awkward.
or ‘nobody puts my Benny in a corner’ awkward
‘There’s a rhinoceros behind you’ awkward
‘You oddly remind me of that 80s movie where the Mannequin came to life, just that this one doesn’t’ awkward
And ‘awww Benny, that’s not a baby, it’s just an award’ awkward
christ on a cracker, what is this post
Bless this post.
Bless this batch of Cumberpics
#One of my absolute favorite scenes #I love how Colin decided to make Merlin all gentle and soft while dealing with simpleton!arthur #I love how Colin chose to let Merlin touch Arthur all the time #even if it was only for leading him somewhere or helping him #I love how Colin decided to let Merlin be obvious about his caring for Arthur #It just shows that under normal cicrumstances when Arthur is king and Merlin the servant Merlin always holds back #always restrains himseld #with simpleton!arthur he didn’t feel like he had to edit himself #He was honest with him#he touched him #he cared for him #I love all of the choices Colin made as an actor #It was really important for the Merthur-relationship #merthur #and feels
HOLY BERNARD CRIBBINS.
I don’t think I ever wanted anything so much in my life before.
And of course they don’t ship to my country. Fffffffffff—
These beauties are for sale, right here!
I ONLY WANT THIS LIKE A LOT
wooowwwww this makes me want to make Sherlock polish OTL